Room 401 Teacher Education
225 N. Mills Street
Madison, WI 53706
|The CCBC is located on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus at the corner of Mills and Dayton Streets, in the Teacher Education Building||
Regular Public Service Hours
Monday - Thursday, 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Friday, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Sunday, 12:30 - 4:00 pm
Special Hours & Dates:
Hours change during summer, and holidays and university breaks.
Click here for complete current
|Cooperative Children's Book Center
401 Teacher Education Building
225 N. Mills Street
Madison, WI 53706, USA
1) Street Parking: There is very limited street parking in the vicinity on Brooks Street behind Teacher Education.
2) UW Parking Lots and Ramps (see map, or click on interactive map above):
Weekdays, Evenings and Weekends:
- * Lot 44 (one block away): Is available to visitors who purchase a permit in advance. It is best to plan more than a week in ahead, in which case a permit can be purchased (if available for selected date) using the UW online ordering system . Permits for the same week or day, if available, must be purchased in person at the Transportation Services office, 21 N. Park Street (drive-in service available). Both half-day (a.m. or p.m.) or full-day permits can be requested. This lot requires a permit at all times. The lot is located on Dayton Street beween Park and Mills streets.
- * Lot 7 (1-1/2 blocks away): This lot beneath Grainger Hall is gated underground parking available on a first-come, first serve basis. Pull a ticket when you enter. Entrance on Brooks Street between University and Johnson.
- * Lot 92 (behind Teacher Education): has 1-2 metered 25-minute stalls (if you just need to run in and out) available first-come, first-serve. Enter from Clymer Place (via Brooks Street).
- * Lot 45 (across the street): Is free to visitors after 4:30 weekdays and on weekends (it is not availble to visitors before 4:30 weekdays). It is located right across Dayton Street from Teacher Education. Enter on Mills Street.
- *Lot 33 (across Mills and Dayton--near UW heating plant): Is free to visitors after 4:30 weekdays and on weekends (it is not availble to visitors before 4:30 weekdays). It is located right across Mills Street from Lot 45 (near UW heating/cooling plant).
*Note: Check the campus transporation events calendar to make sure there aren't restrictions on a specific lot the day you are coming. Some lots reserved for various campus sporting events.
More on UW Visitor Parking.
3) Other options: The closest city ramp is the City of Madison ramp located on Lake Street between University Avenue and State Street. The walk to the CCBC is about four blocks.
Finding the CCBC in Teacher Education:
Take the building elevator or stairs to the fourth floor. The CCBC is in Room 401 (just across from top of stairs, to the left as you exit elevator).
You can also access the CCBC from inside the MERIT library. Enter the library on the third floor and take the internal staircase up to the fourth floor.