Room 401 Teacher Education
225 N. Mills Street
Madison, WI 53706
|The CCBC is located on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus at the corner of Mills and Dayton Streets, in the Teacher Education Building||
Regular Public Service Hours
Monday - Thursday, 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Friday, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Sunday, 12:30 - 4:00 pm
Special Hours & Dates:
Hours change during summer, and holidays and university breaks.
Click here for complete current
|Cooperative Children's Book Center
401 Teacher Education Building
225 N. Mills Street
Madison, WI 53706, USA
1) Street Parking: There is very limited street parking on Mills Street (across the street from Teacher Education and on Brooks Street (behind Teacher Education).
2) UW Parking Lots and Ramps
Weekdays, Evenings and Weekends:
- * Lot 44 (one block away): Is available to visitors who purchase a permit in advance. It is best to plan more than a week in ahead, in which case a permit can be purchased (if available for selected date) using the UW online ordering system . Permits for the same week or day, if available, must be purchased in person at the Transportation Services office, 21 N. Park Street (drive-in service available). Both half-day (a.m. or p.m.) or full-day permits can be requested. This lot requires a permit at all times. The lot is located on Dayton Street beween Park and Mills streets.
- * Lot 7 (1-1/2 blocks away): This lot beneath Grainger Hall is gated underground parking available on a first-come, first serve basis. Pull a ticket when you enter. Entrance on Brooks Street between University and Johnson.
- * Lot 45 (across Dayton street): Is free to visitors after 4:30 weekdays and on weekends (it is not availble to visitors before 4:30 weekdays). It is located right across Dayton Street from Teacher Education. Enter on Mills Street. (Note: this lot is reserved for some sporting events in fall and winter.)
*Note: Check the campus transporation events calendar to make sure there aren't restrictions on a specific lot the evening or weekend day you are coming. Some lots are reserved specific dates for various campus sporting events.
2019 CONSTRUCTION UPDATE: Beginning April 1, Dayton Street between Park and Charter will be closed for construction. Access to Lot 44 (for those who have permits) will be maintained. Access to the Lot 45 entrance on Mills Street will not be affected BUT you cannot get to Mills from Dayton. You will have to access Mills via Regent Street, or, from the west, Johnson Street.
More on UW Visitor Parking.
3) Other options: The closest city ramp is the City of Madison ramp located on Lake Street between University Avenue and State Street. The walk to the CCBC is about four blocks. See the interactive campus map at top of page.
Finding the CCBC in Teacher Education:
Take the building elevator or stairs to the fourth floor. The CCBC is in Room 401 (just across from top of stairs, to the left as you exit elevator).
You can also access the CCBC from inside the MERIT library. Enter the library on the third floor and take the internal staircase up to the fourth floor.